LAST MODIFIED: May 2021
At Entrustient, we believe that we have an obligation — to our employees, our communities, our investors, our customers and the environment — to operate our business sustainably. Our management is responsible for enabling employees to contribute to our environmental objectives and to implement this policy.
Operating our business sustainably has been a core value at Entrustient from its inception and this commitment is embedded in our Code of Business Conduct and in our sustainability guiding principles:
- Creating healthy, collaborative and innovative work environments
- Reducing operational costs and increasing productivity through thoughtful resource conservation and waste reduction
- Driving profit responsibly
- Fostering a culture of involvement in sustainability through employee education and engagement, and
- Enabling our customers to become more sustainable through the use of our products.
Specifically, Entrustient will:
- Continue to develop digital products and product features designed to enhance the sustainability initiatives of both employees and customers
- Partner with our suppliers to operate sustainably, reduce waste, and commit to powering digital delivery of product with 100% renewable energy. Strategic data center environmental management extends not only to our own data centers but also those of our partners.
- Continue to provide healthy workspaces for our employees through sustainable renovations, construction, operations, and certification whenever possible
- Drive towards fuller transparency from Entrustient vendors regarding the content of building materials, preferably by obtaining comprehensive Health Product Disclosures (HPDs) and Environmental Product
- Disclosures (EPDs), to create workspaces optimized for human and environmental health
- Continuously improve tracking of sustainability metrics throughout our operations and digital supply chain
- Measure Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 (business travel, supply chain, commuting, etc.) carbon emissions annually and implement strategies to reduce them
- Develop the ability to measure and reduce all Scope 3 emissions by working with our suppliers, encouraging our employees to commit to public transportation and zero-carbon commuting, and to reduce employee travel
- Act on implemented, verified science-based emissions targetsin Scopes 1, 2, and 3 to grow our business while using less energy and emissions to do it
- Reach our goal of running our operations, and digital delivery of product, with 100% Renewable Energy (RE) by 2035 through a sound strategy of:
- Energy efficiency excellence
- On-site renewable energy when it makes economic sense
- Policy Advocacy (Clean Power Plan, CA SB100, OR Cap & Invest, WA SB 5116, VA IRP, etc.), and partnerships (REBA, BSR-FoIP, Corporate Colocation (CoLo) and Cloud Buyer’s Principles, etc.) to enable a low-carbon economy throughout our digital supply chain and encourage grid-scale, affordable renewable energy for everyone in the communities where we work and live
- Investigation and implementation of renewable energy instruments, such as Community Choice
- Energy (CCEs), Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), Green Tariffs and others as appropriate for our business
- Electrification of our operations as technology and economics make it possible leading up to 2035
- Maintain solid waste diversion for our US operations at a rate of 90% or more through a combination of waste reduction, composting, reusing and responsible recycling, for all sites, as feasible
- Continue to measure and reduce per capita water usage at every site
- Educate and engage employees on sustainability at home, work, and throughout their communities through a combination of employee communications, learning sessions, and hands-on opportunities
- Report results of our sustainability program to employees, executive management and other stakeholders, minimally once per fiscal year
Entrustient employees, vendors and visitors have a legal duty to ensure that all country-appropriate environmental laws and regulations are met.
Entrustient expects that each employee, vendor and visitor will follow the above practices to ensure that Entrustient meets its reported sustainability goals. This Sustainability Policy has ultimate lineage to Entrustient’s Code of Business Conduct as well as from all Board and senior level management policy.
This policy has been approved by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Entrustient.